Your Evening Reception At Hothorpe Hall: The Trafford Lounge Or The Langton Room?
With most wedding days finishing with an evening party and further guests often joining the end of day celebrations, it’s important that it’s a good and memorable one!
At Hothorpe Hall, we’ve been hosting country house weddings for almost twenty years and have seen many a memorable evening party in the Trafford Lounge and lots of happy couples and guests. However, we’re always exploring new options to keep things fresh, on-trend and interesting for our customers which led to us exploring an alternative evening reception room to the Trafford Lounge.
With the Langton Room having always proved popular for the official wedding breakfast, we realised that it could be equally as popular for an evening reception if it became an option for couples. So, we explored, tried, tested and photographed and we’re pleased to tell you that you can now choose where you party the night away.
The choice is yours though, and with each room offering its own benefits we thought we’d offer a little help:
What’s great about the Trafford Lounge?
- Hothorpe Hall’s extensive space means that your wedding continuously flows through the manor house throughout your wedding day, never using a room more than once. So, when it comes to your evening reception, the Trafford Lounge is somewhere fresh and new for you and your guests to enjoy.
- A fully stocked bar is integral to the Trafford Lounge so guests can party and access the bar all in one space.
- Double doors open off the lounge out to the Trafford Terrace so guests can spill outside in finer weather, while still feeling part of the evening party.
- A range of bar stools, comfy sofas and lounge chairs make the Trafford Lounge a great setting for a relaxed evening reception, with a wooden floor meaning you can make space for as large a dancefloor as you like.
- Your band or DJ can set-up in the Trafford Lounge so your evening party is ready to start as soon as you finish your wedding breakfast and move your party through.
Will I love the Langton Room more?
- Having spent lots of money decorating the wedding breakfast room with table centrepieces, hanging floral displays and the like, it’s great to be able to enjoy them a little longer by continuing your party through the evening in the same space.
- Your guests (and you!) can enjoy a welcomed short break after the wedding breakfast to head to rooms and freshen up before returning to the Langton Room for the start of the evening party. This time allows us to re-lay/clear the Langton Room and for the DJ or band to set-up. You’ll then be refreshed and ready to welcome your additional evening guests and get ready for celebration #2 of the day!
- Guests can enjoy music and dancing with the party in full swing in the Langton Room as well as a few quieter moments getting a drink and relaxing in the Trafford Lounge; the best of both worlds! What’s more, the all-important evening buffet is served in the Welford Room which connects the Langton and the Trafford together. Perfect.
- There’s no denying that the original beams, which highlight the Langton Room’s history as the former stables, add a certain wow to the room and the dancefloor looks great positioned underneath. Add some uplighters to the room and wait for the sun to set for added wow-factor.
- As well as serving a full drinks range at the Trafford Bar (which is around a 5 second stumble from the Langton Room), we can set-up an extra bar* within the Langton Room if you’d prefer.
If you’d like to discuss your Hothorpe Hall evening reception options with us, one of our Wedding Co-ordinators would be more than happy to help and can be contacted on…
T: 01858 881500 E: firstname.lastname@example.org